Video News Release: African Union at Expo 2020 Dubai : Interview with Dr. Ini Urua - Deputy Director & Head of Country Relations at the Africa Finance Corporation, a partner of the African Union
The video below is copyright free and can be used at will, without asking for authorization
Dr. Urua, spoke on a number of topics as detailed in the below timeline for your ease of reference:
- There are a lot of options in joining financiers to those who need financing
- conversations must lead to implementation
- we must invest ourselves as Africans
- On projects and infrastructure, the private sector is willing to finance, but parameters must be right and create the right atmosphere to come onboard and support.
- There must be good ROI
- On PIDA financing:
- Advised that their each country project has its own level of complexity
- Make sure the projects are scrutinised in detail in relation to policy
- Understand geo political/cross boarder policies so that there is harmony
- Allow private sector to run projects and not government organisations, that will allow successful implementation because the private sector will make sure the projects are sustainable
- On the collaboration of private and public for the successful implementation of the projects for all:
- Collaboration is the best option
- Some of the projects, the parastatal must lead and on others, governments must invite the private sector to lead them to ensure all the dimensions and critical points are covered, attracting financing from everywhere.
- On international investment opportunities:
- AFC by nature is about collaboration
- The vision is to find solutions to the challenges across the infrastructure sphere on the African continent
- We talking about Technical, Fiscal & Financial solutions
- We work with internal and national institutions
- The aim is to crowd finance and that is possible through international and localised financing
- For anybody out there, interested in bringing infrastructure development project to Africa, AFC is your partner.
- On achieving the Africa we want:
- We have to work together
- We can achieve quicker than 2063 if we collaborate
Download the interview here: https://bit.ly/36eM40R
For more information on Agenda 2063, its goals and aspirations, visit: https://bit.ly/3uTG08o [available in English, French, Arabic, Portuguese]
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of African Union at Expo 2020 Dubai.